Friday 3 August 2012

The (first) garden is in!


The first pole of the deer fence goes in thanks to Dan!

Awhile in the coming, but yes, the "diamond in the rough" is planted out...thanks to my first two great Wwoofers, Sandy and Dan!  The plants are growing big (well, actually pretty small right now considering the late start...) and happy.


ah, yes, my first deer fence!
For the final touch, I've yet to put a gated entry through our deer fence (Dan helped me create this on his final day that we could work together.), but the first garden is now officially going and growing.  I actually found the perfect sprinkler and have run it for its first two sessions, and it worked wonders.  Still have to handwater the corners, but that is easy.


I will AGAIN try to upload some pictures on my personal computer, but have really struggled with making this happen and just want to keep the story going.  


When I have truly figured this out, you'll have to go back and take a look at previous entries for which I am presently photo-less, because you know what they say about pictures telling stories...

No comments:

Post a Comment